the fantastic four

the fantastic four
"cogito ergo sum"

Jumat, 27 Februari 2009

The Melody of Life

By: Emmanuel Ditia Prabowo


Di bayang wajahmu
Kutemukan kasih dan hidup
Yang lama telah aku cari
Di masa lalu….


That morning, when I was sipping a cup of lukewarm coffee, I heard a piece of “Negeri Di Awan” a song by Katon Bagaskara. I was enjoying the beautiful morning while praising God for His blessing up till now.
The sunrays heated myself and brought me to my memories and my experiences in the past. The image of my family and my friends for a moment came in front of me and smiled to me. I remembered when I was just a child. When my head was colliding with a washbasin, and my head was wounded, my parents took care of me patiently, until I recovered. I also remembered when I was playing with my friends in the stream and looked for some shrimps in the river, and after that we fried them. I felt that my life full of love. By my family, my friends and others, this love is so real.
I gulped my coffee and heard the song again….

Kau datang padaku
Kau tawarkan hati nan lugu
Selalu mencoba mengerti
hasrat dalam diri


I believe that God came to me every day in various ways. If I wish and receive Him, He will make my life full with the light of His love. In my life I hope, I can fell happy every time. But my Mom once said, “ If you never cry, you shall not know the meaning of laughter.” Sure, the heat of stove will make soup nice.
The Lord often addresses me by my sufferings and sadness. When I fall in sufferings, I claim God. Eventually I realize that my sufferings, my sadness are not torture from Him, but they are His will, His plan. When I was younger and inexperienced in the ways of grace, God gave me easier task. Then as I begin to grow up in faith, He gives me more difficult tasks, even trials. I realize because He wants me to acquire what is greatest of all. I believe that God’s Will is a good thing that he has given me. Like a blind person, I have to follow my God, more over as though he did not hear me. And on a certain times, He comes and calls me. He offers me a new life, a life that really makes me realize about my life and my vocation.
My hands was still holding that coffee, I gulped again that nice coffee. My eyes were looking at the beautiful morning. The sun was beginning visible between the white and clear cloud. My mind and my heart were flying following the blast of wind. The song still let me hear the beautiful voices….


Kau mainkan untukku
Sebuah lagu tentang Negeri Di Awan
Di mana kedamaian menjadi istananya
Dan kini tengah kau bawa aku menuju ke sana


My mind brought me to my vocation. God calls me in all of my weaknesses and all of my strengths. In the beginning, that vocation was still unclear for me. In the Seminary, I lived in the same routine every day, sometimes I felt boring.
Once upon in time, God called me with His powerful love. At that time, my classmates were climbing the mountain, called Panderman. Here, God gave me a soft touch and spirit that I got a new conviction. When I was climbing that mountain, I felt tired and afraid. That was very hard to me. Upon arriving at the top of mountain, my weariness was gone. The beautiful view overpowered my fear; I became amazed and thankful. On the top I saw the stretch of the city lamp that were sparkling, like diamonds. I felt, God really offered me a nice melody of love in my heart. I imagined if my self became one of the lamps that was shining illuminated the surroundings. Sure, I will fell happy if I can give my best rays for others. Yes, God has been addressing me with this.
I remembered my journey before I came on the top. I felt and rose again. I was tired, but I had new enthusiasm again. All of these were owing to implementation of God. At that time I realized that my vocation was like climbing a mountain. I had to reach the top that brought me in to the peace of heart and God Himself. I believed that He had brought me there.
For a moment I was silent. The song of Negeri Di Awan was still lingering….

Ternyata hatimu
Penuh dengan bahasa kasih
Yang terungkapkan dengan pasti
Dalam suka dan sedih….


I drank that coffee all down, and I still saw the beautiful morning. That coffee was gone, without any trace. But that day left behind thankfulness and peace that would be everlasting.
God calls all of us. You, they, He or She and I are called to be the light for others. Each of us shines in our own uniqueness. I realize that God’s will is very beautiful. My life today, is a life that God has made for me. He has created me in my mother’s womb. There is no regret, disappointment in my life today, only thankfulness and happiness.
I took my guitar and with thankfulness, I began putting my fingers on the strings of guitar, and followed the strains of the melody….

Kau mainkan untukku
Sebuah lagu tentang Negeri Di Awan
Di mana kedamaian menjadi istananya
Dan kini tengah kau bawa aku
Menuju ke sana……..

2 komentar:

wikan mengatakan...

a very interesting writing

wikan mengatakan...

a very interesting writing bro.GBU